The legal expertise you need and the compassionate care you want in Florida
Spinal cord injury litigation is a complex and difficult area of personal injury law. At the Law Offices of Cohn & Smith, P.A., we are experienced in the medical and legal issues involved and have a proven track record of success. When you are the victim of a spinal cord injury, you may be able to recover significant damages for past and future medical expenses, future life-care costs, rehabilitation, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, emotional distress and disability. Loss of consortium damages may also be available to the spouse or children of a severely injured person, including the value of lost services and the loss of companionship.Experience counts in handling spinal cord injury cases
Neck and spine injuries are not the easiest cases to litigate. Establishing and proving the full extent of the damages suffered by the victim, both physical and psychological, can be a difficult task. Our Pembroke Pines spine injury attorneys understand the financial toll taken over the course of a lifetime by this kind of injury, including a traumatic brain injury, which often accompanies a spine injury.
Brain, spine and neurological injuries are often the result of an accident caused by a negligent or careless person. These kinds of accidents include:
- Automobile accidents. The leading cause of severe spinal cord injuries in the United States is motor vehicle accidents. A car crash can throw your body around and twist it in ways that cause severe harm to your spine.
- Commercial trucking accidents. When a semitrailer crashes into your car, the impact can result in serious damage to your back and spine, including C5, C6 and C7 spinal cord injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle riders often have to fight the stereotype that they are reckless and contributed or caused the accident in the Pembroke Pines area. Our injury attorneys know how to combat this stereotype with the insurance companies and get the full and fair compensation you deserve.
- Medical malpractice. Mistakes made by the medical profession can cost lives. If a doctor, hospital, nurse and other medical professional made a mistake that caused a serious injury or death in your family, you may have a claim for medical malpractice.
- Birth injuries. Harm to an infant is unbearable, but we are here to help. Birthing injuries can occur from Cesarean section surgeries, forceps injuries, vacuum extractions or the misuse of labor-inducing drugs.
- Defective products. Whether your injury is the result of a defect in design or manufacturing — or the failure to properly warn of dangers — we can assist with your products liability case.
- Workplace accidents. Accidents can occur anywhere, whether you work in an office or at a construction site. Sprains and strains are the most common injury in the workplace, but more serious injuries can occur.
Contact Cohn & Smith today to arrange a consultation and join the ranks of many individuals who rely on us for competent advice and quality results. We serve all of Broward and northern Dade counties. Call us at (954) 687-0503 or contact us online.