Whether your injury is the result of a minor checkup or major surgery, you have the right to expect doctors, nurses, physician assistants and surgeons to perform their jobs professionally. We count on healthcare professionals to heal us. We may even trust them to save our lives. When something goes wrong as the result of a medical professional’s negligence or recklessness, it can be life-altering for you. Our seasoned Pembroke Pines medical malpractice lawyers at the Law Offices of Cohn & Smith, P.A. can help you get your life back on track.What constitutes medical malpractice in Florida?
Medical malpractice is the failure of any healthcare professional to provide services that meet the standard of care of a reasonable person in that same position, which results in injury to the patient. The harm can be temporary or permanent. Aside from increased medical bills, the result to you may also be the loss of income and economic stability. Examples of medical malpractice in Florida include:
- A doctor misdiagnoses or waits too long to diagnose your condition
- A surgeon makes a serious mistake during your operation
- A health aid fails to recognize signs of nursing home abuse
- A pharmacist improperly fills or dispenses your medication
- An anesthesiologist fails to monitor the effect of the anesthesia on your condition during surgery
- A hospital mislabels your medication, resulting in an overdose
- An ob-gyn fails to notice and respond to signs of fetal distress, so that your newborn suffers cerebral palsy or other birth injuries during your delivery
Unfortunately, mistakes are commonly made in the medical field. More serious results can be your needing a lifetime of special care, resulting from damage to the spine or a brain injury — or even wrongful death. Pembroke Pines Medical Malpractice Lawyer seek to protect individuals and, ultimately, to make our healthcare services safer.Who can be liable for medical malpractice?
Any medical practitioner can commit medical malpractice, including:
- Physician assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Mental health professionals
- Nursing homes
- Other healthcare facilities
The Pembroke Pines medical malpractice attorneys at Cohn & Smith represent people throughout the state of Florida who have been injured by substandard care from medical professionals. We are experienced injury attorneys who understand the legal and medical complexities that a serious injury presents — and we handle your case with compassion and professionalism. Our goal is always to get you the best possible result from your claim and the fullest possible compensation, so you can get the care you need and move on with your life.Pembroke Pines Medical Malpractice Attorney
If you or someone you know has suffered injuries due to the negligence of a medical provider, contact Cohn & Smith online or call us at (954) 687-0503 to set up a free initial consultation to discuss your medical malpractice claim. We do not charge up-front costs, and you do not pay any fees unless we win your case.